Data Governance Manager, ICT Team
Netherlands or Romania
Amsterdam or Bucharest
1 year / permanent
Gary Hewitt, Executive Director, Digital Operations
March 31st, 2019
Data Governance Leadership
- Drive data governance initiatives and lead the establishment of a Data Governance Program
- Define Data Governance roles, accountability, ownership and decision rights.
- Develop the enterprise data governance structure; establish a data governance committee
- Lead realisation of data as an asset.
- Identify data domain stewards and formalise data domain stewardship responsibilities
- Drive organisational behaviour change as it relates to the use of data; realising vision of data managed as an asset
- Raise awareness and deliver content to all stakeholders on data governance related topics by developing training plans, training material and deliver trainings, when necessary
- Perform internal training and knowledge transfer in regard to working methodology (incl. Tools or templates) within the Team, act as a consulting point for pending or unclear issues.
Data Governance Implementation
- Partner with Business and IT Stakeholders to develop Data Governance Roadmap, including enterprise wide Data Quality Framework and an Information Model
- Works with the research, product and ICT teams to ensure data ownership and quality,
- Collaborate with senior data and software architects to ensure facilitation of consistent data quality control and optimisation in EDW at enterprise level
- Work in conjunction with Executive Leadership and liaise with multiple business and support teams across the global enterprise on complex data governance projects.
- Manage data governance projects, including:
- Define the system of record as a “single-source of truth” for each data element; resolve multiple sources of truth issues with key stakeholders via clear business definitions of elements.
- Establish together with the business representatives consistent and uniformed formal definition and documentation of each business data meaning
- Harmonise definitions of the business terms within all involved stakeholders and establish business ownership and maintenance
- Establish & manage the maintenance of a report inventory/catalogue (mapped to common terms & definitions)
- Design business relationships between data elements, based on the definition from Data dictionary (Glossary of Business Terms)
Data Governance compliance
- Perform regular monitoring on the implementation of Data Governance principles, standards and policies, conclusions being consolidated in Data Governance Compliance statuses
- Coordinate the agenda for the Data Governance Committee, by ensuring proper content and correspondent participation and drive the content in the sense that topics are being agreed among participants
- Eight to ten years of experience, preferably in a data or technology role within a professional services or financial services environment.
- 5+ years working in a Data Governance leadership role
- Significant experience with development and implementation of data governance standards, processes, and solutions
- Strong business acumen and ability to collaborate with business partners to identify needs and opportunities for improved data governance and data standards
- Proactive self-starter, strong attention to detail, organisational skills, ability to multi-task and be flexible
- Expert leading workshops to identify Data Governance roles and responsibilities;
- Technology enthusiasts together with ability and willingness to learn new things;
- Expert in data architecture and modelling, data quality, data warehousing, business intelligence, and metadata management;
- Expert creating business glossary and data dictionary;
- Exposure to tools used to support data management specifically business glossary, metadata management, data profiling, and data quality
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, mentioning ‘Your Name – Ratings Team’ in the subject line. All applications will be treated with the highest level of discretion and will be accepted until 31st March 2019.
Sustainalytics thanks all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you have any questions, please consult the FAQ or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
In keeping with our ongoing efforts to represent the diversity of our community, we strongly encourage people from diverse groups to apply. Sustainalytics is committed to providing accommodations for individuals with disabilities, upon request. Sustainalytics thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants requested to participate in the interview process will be contacted.
ALL FIELDS ARE REQUIRED