Senior Analyst, Research Products (Financials)
May 31st, 2019
Sustainalytics has been a leading independent provider of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) research for the last 25 years. Our insights are used by clients to make better informed investment decisions, engage with companies in relation to their business activities and drive change.
Sustainalytics is a growing organization with over 500 employees and 17 offices globally. We have a flexible and supportive working culture where our employees are empowered to progress and develop quickly in an entrepreneurial support diversity within our community and offer the possibility of international assignments for our star performers.
For more information, visit www.sustainalytics.com
Sustainalytics is seeking a qualified senior analyst to lead our Financials analyst team in Amsterdam, focused on the global Diversified Financials industry. This new position presents an exciting opportunity to lead industry and company ESG analysis for our flagship ESG Risk Ratings. Asset owners, investment managers and other investment professionals leverage the ESG Risk Ratings and its underlying research to enhance investment processes.
Leading an analyst team, you are ultimately responsible for high-quality analyses and insights your team brings to our clients via our ESG Risk Ratings, written thought leadership pieces and external/client presentations. You will play a pivotal role in these activities directly and support the other analysts in the team to develop their own expertise and industry-specific capacity.
You will join a strategically important group of industry-focused ESG analyst teams based in Amsterdam, Toronto and Frankfurt, and contribute to the development of a vibrant community of sector analysts. You will also engage in training and development programmes which support your further development as a top ESG analyst.
The ideal candidate for the senior analyst role will have both a longstanding and strong track record in capital markets as well as relevant sectoral expertise.
- Lead an analyst team of three analysts focusing on the global Diversified Financials industry;
- Take end-responsibility for all analysis and insights developed and produced by the analyst team;
- Perform holistic quantitative and qualitative analysis across assigned subindustries to ensure that our research processes lead to the optimal ratings outcomes
- Build team capacity on these industries, supporting the analysts in your team in their professional development;
- Research and track ESG trends and issues relevant in your global industries of expertise;
- Be client and market facing, responding to client queries and supporting clients in integrating your (teams’) analyses and insights into their investment decision-making;
- Turn your expertise into meaningful input for further ESG Risk Rating product enhancements;
- Contribute to the development of intellectual capital and thought leadership.
- Master’s degree in related discipline (business, economics, and/or finance) or Bachelor’s degree with relevant experience; MBA/CFA considered an asset;
- At least 10 years of work experience in capital markets and/or ESG research in the Diversified Financials industry; we welcome more experienced candidates as well;
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the financial services industry and SRI/RI market;
- Excellent research, analytical and writing capabilities;
- Ability to do advanced quantitative analysis;
- Very strong people management skills;
- Presentation skills (both in spoken and written formats), e.g. ppt skills, client interaction skills;
- Alignment with Sustainalytics’ mission, vision and values;
- Resourceful, flexible and embraces change and innovation.
If this opportunity sounds appealing to you, please submit your application using the form below.
All applications will be treated with the highest level of discretion and will be accepted until May 31st, 2019, however we will start interviewing sooner so we advise you to apply as soon as possible.
In keeping with our ongoing efforts to represent the diversity of our community, we strongly encourage people from diverse groups to apply. Sustainalytics is committed to providing accommodations for individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Sustainalytics thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants requested to participate in the interview process will be contacted.
ALL FIELDS ARE REQUIRED