Associate Director, Water
Canada or Netherlands
Toronto or Amsterdam
July 19, 2019
As soon as possible
Sustainalytics has been a leading independent provider of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) research for the last 25 years. Our insights are used by clients to make better informed investment decisions, engage with companies in relation to their business activities and drive change.
Sustainalytics is a growing organization with over 500 employees and 17 offices globally. We have a flexible and supportive working culture where our employees are empowered to progress and develop quickly in an entrepreneurial support diversity within our community and offer the possibility of international assignments for our star performers.
For more information, visit www.sustainalytics.com
Sustainalytics is seeking a senior ESG analyst to systematically enhance the treatment of specific ESG issues in our ESG Risk Rating and other products. The successful candidate will lead Sustainalytics’ analysis efforts by initially focusing on developing structured frameworks and improving research approaches related to water issues across all relevant subindustries.
As part of the Research Products team, the candidate will join a vibrant community of content leaders, representing the subject matter internally and externally and ensuring consistency and synergies across product lines.
The role requires an experienced, highly motivated individual. The ideal candidate would: 1) be able to apply both qualitative and quantitative methods, 2) understand ESG research methodologies, and 3) have deep and direct knowledge of water risks, industry and regulatory trends, relevant available datasets or research methods, and corporate best practices. The candidate will also have demonstrated research and writing ability and strong data and analytical abilities. An understanding of, and interest in, broader ESG and sustainability issues, and their application in the investment decision-making process, would be an advantage for the position.
Content Leadership (85%)
- Work with our Product Development and Product Management team, our Research teams, and our Engagement Services team to develop and implement new, or enhance existing research methodologies and processes, for: 1) Exposure Assessments for our ESG Risk Ratings, 2) Product or Solutions Research additions, and 3) Engagement Themes.
Thought Leadership (15%)
- Contribute to thematic research papers in collaboration with our Thematic Research Team;
- Represent Sustainalytics at external events as a speaker on water topics.
- Master’s degree in related discipline (business, economics, and/or environment) or Bachelor’s degree with relevant experience;
- At least ten years of relevant work experience;
- Expertise in water issues, including: financial materiality of water across a variety of subindustries, water legislation in various jurisdictions, water and climate change, water technologies and products, etc.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of responsible investment; CFA considered an asset;
- Strong quantitative data analytical skills;
- Strong stakeholder management skills, including excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong project management and execution skills;
- Refined public speaking and presentation skills;
- Ability to deal with uncertainty and drive outcomes in a fast-paced environment;
- Alignment with Sustainalytics’ mission, vision and values.
If this opportunity sounds appealing to you, please submit your application by clicking HERE. All applications will be treated with the highest level of discretion and will be accepted until July 19th, 2019. However we may start screening and/or interviewing sooner so we advise you to apply as soon as possible.
In keeping with our ongoing efforts to represent the diversity of our community, we strongly encourage people from diverse groups to apply. Sustainalytics is committed to providing accommodations for individuals with disabilities, upon request. Sustainalytics thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants requested to participate in the interview process will be contacted. Sustainalytics accepts applications directly from applicants only; no employment or recruitment agencies, please.
ALL FIELDS ARE REQUIRED