Consolidated Edison, Inc.
Industry Group: Utilities
Country/Region: United States of America
Con Ed is a holding company for Consolidated Edison of New York, or CECONY, and Orange & Rockland, or O&R. These utilities provide steam, natural gas, and electricity to customers in southeastern New York—including New York City—and small parts of New Jersey. The two utilities generate roughly 90% of Con Ed's earnings. The other 10% of earnings comes from investments in renewable energy projects and gas and electric transmission. Con Ed is the second-largest owner of utility-scale PV solar capacity in the U.S.
ESG Risk Rating
Industry Group (1st = lowest risk)
Utilities 130 out of 671
Global Universe 5190 out of 14443
What are the ESG Risk Ratings?
Notice: The information provided is for informational, non-commercial purposes only, does not constitute investment advice and is subject to conditions available in our Legal Disclaimer. Usage as a credit rating or as a benchmark is not permitted. Unless otherwise explicitly agreed in writing, usage for products and services, index creation, derivative work, portfolio or fund management, or any other usage are not permitted. By way of exception, usage is permitted only to the rated company, limited to a single reference of its own information in annual reporting and sustainability website, mentioning Sustainalytics as a source.
For corporate professionals interested in direct competitor insights
Sustainalytics' Peer Performance Insights gives an in-depth analysis of your company's ESG strengths and weaknesses compared to your competitors and industry performance. These insights can be used to identify areas of ESG improvement to help inform future management decisions that align with your organization's sustainability goals.
Our Approach to Calculating ESG Risk
The ESG Risk Ratings measure a company's exposure to industry-specific material ESG risks and how well a company is managing those risks.
Exposure refers to the extent to which a company is exposed to different material ESG issues. Our exposure score takes into consideration subindustry and company-specific factors such as its business model.
Consolidated Edison, Inc.'s Exposure is Medium
Management refers to how well a company is managing its relevant ESG issues. Our management score assesses the robustness of a company's ESG programs, practices and policies.
Consolidated Edison, Inc.'s Management of ESG Material Risk is Strong
How do the ESG Risk Ratings work?
Top Material ESG Issues for Consolidated Edison, Inc.
Understand how exposed companies are to specific material ESG issues and how well companies are managing these issues.
Highest Controversy level that has impacted Consolidated Edison, Inc.'s ESG Risk Rating in the last three years
Highest Controversy Level