Sustainalytics’ ESG Research and Ratings Products Now Available Through FactSet
Firm’s ESG Products Enable Institutional Investors to Integrate ESG Considerations into
their Investment Decision-Making Processes
New York, July 10, 2019 – Sustainalytics, a global leader in ESG research, ratings and analytics, today announced that its ESG research and ratings products are now available via FactSet, a global provider of integrated financial information, analytical applications and industry-leading service.
Global investment professionals are increasingly incorporating ESG research and data into their decision-making processes, driving demand for ESG content that is accessible within their preferred research environment. FactSet’s workstation now includes Sustainalytics’ ESG products, allowing clients to integrate ESG considerations directly into their stock selection research and portfolio analysis and reporting. Sustainalytics’ products on FactSet help investors with the following investment applications:
- ESG Risk Ratings: Evaluate companies’ exposure to and management of material ESG issues.
- Carbon Risk Ratings: Gain insight into companies’ unmanaged carbon risk.
- Corporate Governance Ratings: Understand companies’ governance structures, practices and related risks.
- ESG Indicators: Benefit from qualitative analysis on a company’s ability to manage ESG issues.
- Product Involvement: Assess companies’ involvement in a range of products and business activities.
- Sustainable Products Research: Identify companies that derive revenue from sustainable products and services.
- Carbon Emissions: Access rich data to understand companies’ carbon emissions and intensity.
“Demand for ESG content has accelerated dramatically,” said Justin Strand, Senior Vice President and Chief Content Officer, FactSet. “Our clients need ESG data that offers real, actionable insights into the companies they invest in and we are excited they can leverage Sustainalytics’ ESG products within our workstation.”
“More than ever, institutional investors are applying ESG information to their security selection process and portfolio and risk analysis activities,” said Shila Wattamwar, Executive Director of Indexes and Partnerships, Sustainalytics. “With our ESG products on FactSet’s workstation, investment professionals have access to timely and insightful ESG research and ratings to support their investment strategies.”
The addition of Sustainalytics to the FactSet workstation expands on the company’s use of FactSet’s entity-centric data model and symbology to match client holdings to proprietary ratings and research. Identifying issue to issuer relationships and links between subsidiaries, immediate parents, and ultimate parent entities means clients can leverage Sustainalytics’ research and ratings to uncover meaningful and unknown ESG connections across an entire portfolio.
To learn more about Sustainalytics’ products on FactSet and how they can be used within the FactSet workstation, please view our webinar.