Listen on your favorite player:
- Nicholas Gandolfo, Director, Corporate Solutions
- Aditi Bhatia, Regional Sales Manager, Corporate Solutions
In this episode, hosts Nick and Aditi discuss notable trends and deals in sustainable finance – from rapid market growth, to increasing diversification of products, new taxonomies, sovereign green bonds and sustainability-linked bonds, impact accounting and reporting, and much more. Nick also tackles audience questions, offering some valuable insight on group frameworks and Sustainalytics’ approach to supporting transition finance.
Rapid Growth in Sustainable Finance
2021 saw incredible growth in sustainable finance and ESG assets under management (AUM) are projected to reach US$50 trillion by 2025 and make up one-third of global AUM. Sustainable bonds already made up 10% of global debt issued in 2021, with US$1 trillion issued for the first time and a 40% increase over 2020. And 2022 is showing no signs of slowing down, with a hot start to the year and good momentum looking forward.
World Economic Fund Risk Report 2022
Of the WEF’s top ten global risks by severity, five are environmental issues and the top three directly relate to climate change. View the report here. It’s no surprise that this theme is carried forward from the previous risk report, but it highlights the continued importance of funding for projects that address climate risk.
Download Our New eBook, Getting Started With ESG: What Every Company Needs to Know
As more and more companies are thinking about incorporating ESG considerations into their strategies, Sustainalytics Corporate Solutions wants to ensure they start off on the right foot. Download our practical guide to starting a corporate ESG strategy and discover key issues that could affect your company, the benefits of action, and the risks of inaction.
Hot start to the year: looking for $1tn ESG investment in 2022
Big year for taxonomies? ASEAN, Korea, Indonesia, plus EU changes
WEF Risk Report: top risks climate-related
ESG risk ratings scrutiny on usefulness and robustness
Fashion industry decarbonization and scope 3 emissions
Nuclear, gas, and the EU Taxonomy
John Holland Sustainability-Linked Bank Guarantee (Australia)
COVID recovery and Build Back Better
Climate Bonds Initiative report: Thailand infrastructure
World Bank report: sovereign SLB KPIs
IEA report: digitization as enabler for transition
Environmental Finance report: Green Bond Impact Reporting
Green bonds overview
Green loans overview
Labeled products overview
Transition finance overview
Links to Select Resources
- Banking Exchange: Global ESG Assets to Hit $50 Trillion by 2025
- Asian Investor: Sustainable Finance Bonds Make Up 10% Of Global Debt Issued in 2021
- World Economic Fund: Global Risks Report 2022
- Morningstar: ESG Ratings Are Bottom-Line Focused, but Have Broader Impacts
- Environmental Finance: Impact Accounting Bodies Launch Survey Of Existing Approaches
- Climate Bonds Initiative: Keeping the Momentum: China Introduces Innovative Labels Into Domestic Market
- Environmental Finance: Impact report quality deters green bond fund investors
- Bloomberg: Global Issuers Land in Canada as Nation’s Banks Fund Abroad
- Sustainalytics SPOs:
- Danske Bank Group Green Bond Framework
- Banco do Brasil Sustainable Finance Framework
- FONPLATA Sustainable Debt Framework
- Northland Power Green Financing Framework
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation's Green Bond Framework
- ICG Sustainability-Linked Bond Framework
- Cellnex Sustainability-Linked Financing Framework
- Coca-Cola İçecek A.Ş. Sustainability-Linked Bond Framework
- The Central America Bottling Corporation Sustainability-Linked Financing Framework
- Danske Bank Group Green Bond Framework
What's Happening in Sustainable Finance: Whether War Could Spur Adoption of Renewables, Thoughts on Just Adaptation, and More
In this month’s round-up of the sustainable finance market, we discuss how geopolitical conflicts could spur the adoption of renewables, considerations for a just adaptation, and much more.
The Sustainalytics Podcast | Addressing Material ESG Issues: Practical Insights From our Expert Webinar Panel
Sharing insights from our webinar “Addressing Key Corporate ESG Issues: Lessons From Industries With High ESG Risk”. In clips from the live session, our sector analysts discuss the importance of measuring and managing material ESG issues such as environmental impacts, community relations and occupational health and safety.
What's Happening in Sustainable Finance: Rhino Bonds Support Conservation, Spotlight on Social Bonds, and More
A round-up of recent developments in the global sustainable finance market. From innovative instruments for financing conservation efforts to growing ESG activity in the private equity space to a new taxonomy for social bonds.
The Sustainalytics Podcast | Setting Up Your Corporate ESG Program for Success and Avoiding Early Obstacles
We discuss setting up your corporate ESG program for success and avoiding early ESG obstacles in this interview with Sustainalytics Corporate Solutions Director, Shilpi Singh. You’ll discover the importance of four ESG focus areas: leadership buy-in, planning and resourcing, ESG strategy, and reporting and communication.