Listen on your favorite player:
- Nicholas Gandolfo, Director, Corporate Solutions
- Aditi Bhatia, Regional Sales Manager, Corporate Solutions
In this episode, hosts Nick and Aditi discuss notable trends and deals in sustainable finance – from rapid market growth, to increasing diversification of products, new taxonomies, sovereign green bonds and sustainability-linked bonds, impact accounting and reporting, and much more. Nick also tackles audience questions, offering some valuable insight on group frameworks and Sustainalytics’ approach to supporting transition finance.
Rapid Growth in Sustainable Finance
2021 saw incredible growth in sustainable finance and ESG assets under management (AUM) are projected to reach US$50 trillion by 2025 and make up one-third of global AUM. Sustainable bonds already made up 10% of global debt issued in 2021, with US$1 trillion issued for the first time and a 40% increase over 2020. And 2022 is showing no signs of slowing down, with a hot start to the year and good momentum looking forward.
World Economic Fund Risk Report 2022
Of the WEF’s top ten global risks by severity, five are environmental issues and the top three directly relate to climate change. View the report here. It’s no surprise that this theme is carried forward from the previous risk report, but it highlights the continued importance of funding for projects that address climate risk.
Download Our New eBook, Getting Started With ESG: What Every Company Needs to Know
As more and more companies are thinking about incorporating ESG considerations into their strategies, Sustainalytics Corporate Solutions wants to ensure they start off on the right foot. Download our practical guide to starting a corporate ESG strategy and discover key issues that could affect your company, the benefits of action, and the risks of inaction.
Hot start to the year: looking for $1tn ESG investment in 2022
Big year for taxonomies? ASEAN, Korea, Indonesia, plus EU changes
WEF Risk Report: top risks climate-related
ESG risk ratings scrutiny on usefulness and robustness
Fashion industry decarbonization and scope 3 emissions
Nuclear, gas, and the EU Taxonomy
John Holland Sustainability-Linked Bank Guarantee (Australia)
COVID recovery and Build Back Better
Climate Bonds Initiative report: Thailand infrastructure
World Bank report: sovereign SLB KPIs
IEA report: digitization as enabler for transition
Environmental Finance report: Green Bond Impact Reporting
Green bonds overview
Green loans overview
Labeled products overview
Transition finance overview
Links to Select Resources
- Banking Exchange: Global ESG Assets to Hit $50 Trillion by 2025
- Asian Investor: Sustainable Finance Bonds Make Up 10% Of Global Debt Issued in 2021
- World Economic Fund: Global Risks Report 2022
- Morningstar: ESG Ratings Are Bottom-Line Focused, but Have Broader Impacts
- Environmental Finance: Impact Accounting Bodies Launch Survey Of Existing Approaches
- Climate Bonds Initiative: Keeping the Momentum: China Introduces Innovative Labels Into Domestic Market
- Environmental Finance: Impact report quality deters green bond fund investors
- Bloomberg: Global Issuers Land in Canada as Nation’s Banks Fund Abroad
- Sustainalytics SPOs:
- Danske Bank Group Green Bond Framework
- Banco do Brasil Sustainable Finance Framework
- FONPLATA Sustainable Debt Framework
- Northland Power Green Financing Framework
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation's Green Bond Framework
- ICG Sustainability-Linked Bond Framework
- Cellnex Sustainability-Linked Financing Framework
- Coca-Cola İçecek A.Ş. Sustainability-Linked Bond Framework
- The Central America Bottling Corporation Sustainability-Linked Financing Framework
- Danske Bank Group Green Bond Framework
What’s Happening in Sustainable Finance: Blue Bonds Make Waves, ‘Sleeping’ Sustainability-Linked Loans Raise Eyebrows, and More
In this month’s rundown of sustainable finance market developments, we discuss the outlook for renewables, interesting blue bond transactions and the emerging trend of “sleeping” sustainability-linked loans causing concern among market participants.
What’s Happening in Sustainable Finance: Market Headwinds, GHG Targets in Sustainability-Linked Instruments, the Focus on Supply Chains, and More
In this month’s overview of all things sustainable finance, we look at the shifting global market, ponder the potential impact of the EU green bond standard, and highlight gender-based KPIs in sustainability-linked finance instruments.
What’s Happening in Sustainable Finance: The Shifting Regulatory Landscape, Reporting on Impact, Focus on Biodiversity, and More
In this month’s rundown of all things sustainable finance, we look at shifting regulations for investors, issuers and service providers, how issuers can measure the impact of their GSSS bonds, and the growing spotlight on biodiversity in financial markets.
The Sustainalytics Podcast | Aligning Executive Action to Strategy With Sustainability-Linked Compensation
Learn about how tying executive compensation to ESG performance can enhance a company’s accountability and transparency, the challenges organizations are facing, the types of metrics firms use for ESG-linked compensation programs, industries and regions with high pay-link adoption, steps to make your company’s program credible and transparent, and more.